Terms and Specifications GE-CIX
How does the free test work?
- The customer orders a test connection to the GE-CIX Network on the homepage. The customer provides us with the information of a location or the Datacenter, where the test should be realized.
- After the confirmation from GE-CIX, the customer orders the test connection at the GE-CIX partner (the Datacenter). For the test connection the partner will charge a one-time setup fee. The prices are listened below:
— Frankfurt am Main
- Test connection inside Equinix FR5.
- Test connection inside Interxion FRA4.
- Test connection inside Level3.
- Test connection inside Equinix AM1.
- Test connection inside euNetworks.
- Test connection inside Interxion AMS3.
- Test connection inside Global Switch.
- Test connection inside NIKHEF.
- After the test period the connection will be disconnected automatically. If the customer wants a permanent connection to the GE-CIX , he has to order an interconnection to GE-CIX. The Setup fee will be taken of the standard interconnection price.
- The connection to the GE-CIX is done via crossconnections between the port equipment node GE-CIX and customer hardware.Organization of the inhouse cabling is the customer responsibility. Crossconnection interfaces could be the following types:
— 1000 Base-TX
— 1000 Base-LX
— 10000 Base-SR, LR, LRM, ER
- The access to the GE-CIX can be implemented if the customer has its own Autonomous System (Autonomous System, AS). If you have no AS, we can provide you a solution for this case.
- The customer is obliged to keep up to date routing network policy of its own AS in the registry’s of Internet routes (Internet Routing Registry, IRR) RIPE, ARIN, or RADB.
- The customer shall disable auto-sensing mode at all interfaces and explicitly define the configuration interface (duplex, speed, etc.).
- The customer shall disable ARP proxy, Broadcast forwarding, Spanning tree, IP Redirects, CDP, as well as all kinds of layer2 broadcast, with the exception of ARP and ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery — at all interfaces.
- The customer is obliged to indicate MAC-addresses of all logical interfaces used to connect to the GE-CIX.
- The customer shall transmit Ethernet-frames only on the MAC-addresses, at each interface used for connection to GE-CIX, received via this interface.
- The customer is obliged to send Ethernet-frames from the only one logical interface for each port dedicated to connect GE-CIX.
- The customer is obliged to transmit only Ethernet-frames of the following types (http://www.iana.org/assignments/ethernet-numbers): 0x0800 — IPv4, 0x0806 — ARP, 0x86dd — IPv6, as at general and on the multicast VLAN.
- The customer is obliged to use on all interfaces utilized for connection to GE-CIX only allocated IP-address and netmask. Customer shall not announce IP-address GE-CIX third party.
- The customer is obliged to use the BGP4 protocol to establish peering sessions.
- The customer is obliged to direct traffic through the GE-CIX only into the networks, announced for the customer through GE-CIX.
- Customer is obliged to keep up to date in the registry’s Internet routes RIPE, ARIN, or objects such as RADB route and / or route6 for all its networks AS, advertised by the Customer in RS.
- The customer is obliged to announce RS network in accordance with the description of routing policy of thes networks in the registry’s Internet routes. In particular, the attributes AS_PATH announced networks last AS number must match the field of origin of the object like «route» and/or «route6» in the registry’s Internet routes.
- Customer shall not advertise RS private network, private AS, the default route.
- The Customer undertakes to ensure the connectivity of its own network with other participants of GE-CIX.